Wednesday, October 3, 2012

McCollough 14" chainsaw

This is a handy little saw especially for trimming up.  I have given it a pretty good workout in it's lifetime, bought it at Menards I guess, a few years ago.  Fired it up today because the 16" was vapor locking on me while I was trimming up the big pine I cut down.  There is some worry that the chain is not being oiled, but I will have to have a closer look after this outing.  It worked pretty good, considering it probably hasn't been run in over a year.  It's good to have 2 of them functioning.

1 comment:

  1. On Monday, we were able to do a third day of cutting in the "sunset strip" area, but had to rely on the McCollough because the Blue Max chain expanded too big for the bar. The little bugger worked just fine because it had a sharp chain on it, but I'm still worried sick that it isn't oiling the chain. Gotta take it apart sometime and try and get to the bottom of that, or I'm gonna lose that saw.

    ReplyDelete